Post Indiana update. Practice notes and Grandison..

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
After the game coach Underwood told the team, while he wanted to win that he just wants his guys to focus and regroup and mentally refresh for the big dance. They will be meeting and watching Selection Sunday at coach underwoods

Jacob Grandison could have played and really should have played yesterday. I say that because Grandison shoulder brace wasn’t “ready” untill Friday evening. It could have been ready a few hours earlier in time for noon eastern tip. Had Illinois advanced Grandison would have played today against Iowa.

Talking with my sources, Alfonos Plummer is in his own head right now. He’s focused so much on not being a defensive liability and other teams focused on him being a wrap link. He’s lost confidence. When have we seen Plummer pass up an open shot? Let alone a wide open three with two seconds on the shot clock. For Illinois to advance they can’t have Plummer letting defense effect offense or he’s unplayable.

The staff wasn’t happy with Trent deferring to others and having less than 10 shots is unacceptable. They told him to be more selfish and the time for focusing on others is over. They need Trent to score. It’s win or go home time.

Today’s practice notes

I was told it was very intense and great practice. Jacob is fitted with his shoulder brace and would have been able to play today. He was on the bike a lot and the team got after it. Inspired. I was told the tone was more somber at the end because Andre Curbelo seemed a bit off and it boiled into the fact he’s taken all this criticism very hard on social media. He’s upset and hasn’t handled it well. Look at his Instagram and Snapchat stories. It’s negative and basically focused on fan and media criticism of his. I was told Brad had a near 2 hour meeting with him and Coach Alexander had to finish practice today. The players were told to stop feeding into social media and he would like them to focus on finishing the year strong because now is the time to come together. They can accomplish alot.

encourage this team. They need it and deserve it. Let’s not forget what they have achieved

Duce20

He missed a wide open layup to win it. If he can’t take the banter from Illinois fans he won’t be very successful in life and definitely not at another college. Kid just needs to stay off social media.
Wide open? There’s not a player on the team that can get that look and maybe 4-5 in college basketball.

MRogers

Wide open? There’s not a player on the team that can get that look and maybe 4-5 in college basketball.
We must not have watched the same game. As soon as he blew by the defender at the free throw line he was wide open. I could have made that layup. People are SOFT these days. Just stay off social media and earn a free ride.

Duce20

We must not have watched the same game. As soon as he blew by the defender at the free throw line he was wide open. I could have made that layup. People are SOFT these days. Just stay off social media and earn a free ride.
There’s no way in hell you make that shot. Miss me with that bullshit.

Duce20

BE07DB8E-E519-437F-BA82-8DFCEC8E62ED.jpeg

Duce20

First pic, how many guys split that?

Second pic, that’s a wide open layup on a guy who has you by 5 inches while running full speed?