Luke Ford Update

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Luke has high interest in being in the NFL and has gotten great feedback especially at the Y -TE position. No decision has fully been made talking to a source. I was also told that if Barry Lunney wasn’t hired this would literally be an impossible sell to come back to Illinois. But, he was hired right in time for Illinois coaches to sell his offense which is TE oriented and one more major factor. Barry Lunney and Luke Ford are super close and was the reason Luke Ford committed to Arkansas nearly 6 years ago. His offense is perfect for Luke and he knows he could improve his draft stock with a big season. I don’t believe Luke is worried about IF he will play in the NFL, it will be when he plays and how high he can be drafted.

Barry Lunney took his family to come watch luke Ford play not only football but basketball and was at 3-4 games before anyone else ever came. I still think there is a small possibility Luke decides to leave later this week but with Lunney, I would lean towards him coming back to Illinois.

I wouldn’t put it past the coaching staff coming down to Cartersville and paying the Fords a visit and letting Barry rekindle that lasting friendship this week. Just a hunch.
We will all know later this week as the declare deadline ends next weekend.