Kofi Update. Announcement tomorrow…

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Kofi has told staff he’s going pro. Folks inside his circle have advised him it’s the best route. This isn’t 100% Kofi. And never has been. I’ve been told he has cleaned his apartment out most of the way. I do know he hasn’t been a fan of college and class regimen. Growing tired of that. At this point I will say it’s 95% chance he announces he’s entering draft and going pro. 4% he hits portal and leave 1% because shit happens. But it looks DOUBTFUL he returns to Champaign. No cup needed for tomorrow.

Also some other names will be entering portal and one of them will be Max Christie. Highly doubtful he stays in draft and illinois would accept him and they want his brother badly too. Meanstreets ties with Cam as well from Tim Anderson. Which I really believe doesn’t bode well for Grandison coming back with Kofi leaving.

Terrence Shannon most likely ends up at Michigan. Illinois wasn’t playing games with his “mentors” and “handlers”

Proof is in pudding over the last couple weeks a little Bryce Hopkins
. Providence will likely land him and they have pushed harder than anyone. His momma went to school there. And Ed Cooley loves his game.

Adam Miller still is in play here. He didn’t commit to UK over the weekend. That’s a name to keep watching out for along with Max Christie. And more will come available that I’m not sure of right now but shooters and backup PG will be key targets

Kofi has told staff he’s going pro. Folks inside his circle have advised him it’s the best route. This isn’t 100% Kofi. And never has been. I’ve been told he has cleaned his apartment out most of the way. I do know he hasn’t been a fan of college and class regimen. Growing tired of that. At this point I will say it’s 95% chance he announces he’s entering draft and going pro. 4% he hits portal and leave 1% because shit happens. But it looks DOUBTFUL he returns to Champaign. No cup needed for tomorrow.

Also some other names will be entering portal and one of them will be Max Christie. Highly doubtful he stays in draft and illinois would accept him and they want his brother badly too. Meanstreets ties with Cam as well from Tim Anderson. Which I really believe doesn’t bode well for Grandison coming back with Kofi leaving.

Terrence Shannon most likely ends up at Michigan. Illinois wasn’t playing games with his “mentors” and “handlers”

Proof is in pudding over the last couple weeks a little Bryce Hopkins
. Providence will likely land him and they have pushed harder than anyone. His momma went to school there. And Ed Cooley loves his game.

Adam Miller still is in play here. He didn’t commit to UK over the weekend. That’s a name to keep watching out for along with Max Christie. And more will come available that I’m not sure of right now but shooters and backup PG will be key targets
Gotta be looking to add a big to go with Dainja?

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
So much for 95% chance of staying. Best of luck to him and hope he does make the NBA at some point.
I know you aren’t blaming me but when I hear from staff and players around a kid or talk to him how he feels and what they feel and it’s trending a certain way. I report it. This isn’t Kofi decision alone. So really it’s not about how things were two weeks ago

EdVedd

Bottom line, these things are all fluid and who knows who is telling these guys what to do. You go with whatever info you have, good work on reporting the other ones. Really need a shooting guard and another big guy!!!

UncleSilk

I know you aren’t blaming me but when I hear from staff and players around a kid or talk to him how he feels and what they feel and it’s trending a certain way. I report it. This isn’t Kofi decision alone. So really it’s not about how things were two weeks ago
Thanks for the update Swami
Any interest in Manny Bates (NC State) or other available bigs?