Football Recruiting Updates 10/15/21

Luke_Lowry_23

Administrator
Staff member
The #Illini football staff is using the bye week to get out and recruit. Here’s some updates I got for where the staff has been and are going to be at. Yesterday, Terrance Jamison stopped by Fenwick to see Illini WR commit Eian Pugh yesterday. Also, Ben Miller made his rounds in Ohio, where he saw 2023 versatile defender Nigel Glover.

Tonight, Bret Bielema and George McDonald will be at the St. Thomas More at IMG Academy game tonight to watch Illini WR commit Shawn Miller, former Illini DL commit Brian Allen, and 2023 WR target Carnell Tate. Also, someone on the Illini staff will be at the Bishop McNamara at IC Catholic Prep to watch 2024 prospect Tony Phillips.

Tomorrow, Bret Bielema and Andy Buh will be at The Hun School at Hill School game on Saturday to watch Illini TE commit Owen Anderson, 2022 kicker Will McManus, 2023 QB target Marco Lainez III, and 2025 LB target Kamar Archie. Also, I was told Illinois will be in Chicago to watch Kenwood at Simeon to watch 2022 priority Jalil Martin, 2023 DB Khalil Tate, 2023 WR Logan Lester, and 2023 WR target Malik Elzy. Anything else I find out I will post in this thread.

I see we are going the Mike White route and trying to bring in Juco's. We tried the transfers route but our record is still awful. Our 2*/3* recruiting has to go up against 4* and 5* recruits. We can get 3/4/5 stars in hoops to make us a top 20 team....WHY do we never get a 4/5 star player in football?