Fact or Fiction? Off-season Part 1.

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Will Kofi be back in June and focused on Illinois basketball and a senior season?

Fact …him being in Jamaica and not worrying about working out to be in shape for nba draft etc should speak Volumes.

Will RJ Melendez be an #illini next season?

Fact. As I reported on Twitter and have been confident on social media. Omar and RJ want to sit down with Illinois coaches and hear what they are planning with RJ. They want some guarantees and to do truly so. He should start and I expect him too. Many schools would love to have him and allow him to start and pay him handsomely. He turned down overtime elite and 6 figures last summer. Staff had a long phone convo with Omar while they were at the final four.

Do you Envision Terrence Shannon Jr being on the Illinois roster?
Fact. By the end of April Illinois will have a top 5 roster and be preseason big ten favorites.

Will Skyy Clark be committing to Illinois in the next 14 days?

Fact. At the end of his official visit next weekend or right when he gets home. Around April 15-19th. Funny story. Illinois coaching staff had social media kingpin and hoops expert Ant Wright on a conference call last night after he broke the news about Skyy coming to Illinois officially. They wanted to know what Illinois media head leaked the info. It’s happening folks

Do you expect Illinois to lose at least one more name from current roster?

Fact. Illinois will either lose Jacob Grandison or Brandon Lieb. Grandison may want to move on and pursue professional hoops and if not Illinois will likely ask Lieb or let him know they don’t see him being part of future plans. I expect Illinois to add at least one more besides TSJ. Either another big or another guard like Brandon Murray

Last edited:

MRogers

I expect Grandison to leave still. He’s 24 and it sounds like he is ready to move on with his life. Hutch will also move on. I would definitely take Grandison back though if he wants to come back. It’s going to be a really fun two weeks for the Illini. Next years team will be better then this last team.

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
I expect Grandison to leave still. He’s 24 and it sounds like he is ready to move on with his life. Hutch will also move on. I would definitely take Grandison back though if he wants to come back. It’s going to be a really fun two weeks for the Illini. Next years team will be better then this last team.
By a long shot!!

BADBRAD

If everything comes to fruition like you said Ry we will for sure be better than last season. Maybe top 10 to start season. Thanks for the updates.