Easter Update. big visits coming…

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Illinois fans got to see a glimpse of how good Ty Rodgers is and will be. I personally think he’s a two year guy. He’s dynamic and physical and reminds you so much Draymond Green. I think he handles the. All better at the same age. He’s a top 30 kid IMO. Fun season a head with this freshman class and sounds like one more kid is possible to make this class a top 4 class nationally.

Malik Reneau Montverde

Illinois isn’t done yet with class of 2022. If you remember, during Skyy signing day press conference he mentioned Malik possibly coming with him. A visit is in the works and many in public and national media haven’t thought enough of it. I expect a visit in late April/early May and I think illinois have a great chance to land him. He may consider Georgia with coach Mike White who was at Florida. He is on a visit to Indiana this weekend but illinois is the dark horse in this one.

Adam Miller

Former Illinois SG is visiting Kentucky this weekend and it should be no surprise Mac Irvin and former assistant Chin Coleman are pushing hard and don’t want him at Illinois. Tim Anderson being at Illinois is a major issue for Mac Irvin and it’s been an issue with Shannon Jr as well. Illinois has a better chance with Miller IMO and should be visiting illinois next week/weekend if he doesn’t commit to UK in the next few days. I know if it was up to Miller he would be back at Illinois. Illinois needs more shooting and someone who plays defense. If he makes it out of Lexington. Illinois can get some momentum.

Jared Lucas Oregon State
I love this guys game. He has some clutch shot making and he sna very good defender. I think he’s just below Plummer level shooting ability but he’s a guy who can fill it up and shoots it well form the line and will be an above average defender with good size.

Kofi May be in Jamaica untill Monday or so…whenever he announces by next Sunday 24th or April…EXPECT it to be illinois. He hasn’t worried or trained one bit in a month. If someone wants to be in shape and ready for NBA or draft camps and combines they don’t go on month long vacations weeks before hand.

What is the word on how the staff feels about Miller? Obviously willing to listen to what he has to say about returning. TA and Chester weren’t here so they probably are more open minded. BU will be a tough sell.

Illinois fans got to see a glimpse of how good Ty Rodgers is and will be. I personally think he’s a two year guy. He’s dynamic and physical and reminds you so much Draymond Green. I think he handles the. All better at the same age. He’s a top 30 kid IMO. Fun season a head with this freshman class and sounds like one more kid is possible to make this class a top 4 class nationally.

Malik Reneau Montverde

Illinois isn’t done yet with class of 2022. If you remember, during Skyy signing day press conference he mentioned Malik possibly coming with him. A visit is in the works and many in public and national media haven’t thought enough of it. I expect a visit in late April/early May and I think illinois have a great chance to land him. He may consider Georgia with coach Mike White who was at Florida. He is on a visit to Indiana this weekend but illinois is the dark horse in this one.

Adam Miller

Former Illinois SG is visiting Kentucky this weekend and it should be no surprise Mac Irvin and former assistant Chin Coleman are pushing hard and don’t want him at Illinois. Tim Anderson being at Illinois is a major issue for Mac Irvin and it’s been an issue with Shannon Jr as well. Illinois has a better chance with Miller IMO and should be visiting illinois next week/weekend if he doesn’t commit to UK in the next few days. I know if it was up to Miller he would be back at Illinois. Illinois needs more shooting and someone who plays defense. If he makes it out of Lexington. Illinois can get some momentum.

Jared Lucas Oregon State
I love this guys game. He has some clutch shot making and he sna very good defender. I think he’s just below Plummer level shooting ability but he’s a guy who can fill it up and shoots it well form the line and will be an above average defender with good size.

Kofi May be in Jamaica untill Monday or so…whenever he announces by next Sunday 24th or April…EXPECT it to be illinois. He hasn’t worried or trained one bit in a month. If someone wants to be in shape and ready for NBA or draft camps and combines they don’t go on month long vacations weeks before hand.
Please pardon my ignorance, but can you explain what the issue is between TA and Mack Irwin and Shannon Jr.?
Thanks!

Please pardon my ignorance, but can you explain what the issue is between TA and Mack Irwin and Shannon Jr.?
Thanks!
From what I understand is that it's just about rivalry. Tim is a meanstreets guy. Shannon was mac irvin. The programs don't necessarily like each other and former coaches and mentors don't want to see an irvin guy go play for a meansteets guy.

Could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

himsay

From what I understand is that it's just about rivalry. Tim is a meanstreets guy. Shannon was mac irvin. The programs don't necessarily like each other and former coaches and mentors don't want to see an irvin guy go play for a meansteets guy.

Could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.
Then there was the bit about Nick Irvin being offered one of the assistant coaching jobs last year, but then something went sideways, and TA got the job. Although from what I could read between the lines it sounded like Irvin tried to hold them up for more money. Maybe that's where TSJ got his playbook...

Finally, with the level of players lllinois is bringing in from all over the country and the buzz around the programs, tell the Irvins to kick rocks

himsay

In fairness to Mac Irvin Fire, I'm pretty sure that Ayo and Adam Miller were connected with them. It would be nice for all to get along

BADBRAD

It’s Chicago. It will never change. It’s amazing how much politicking goes on in the AAU scene. I’m just happy we are not letting them hold us hostage. They need us more than we need them now. We are all over the country getting guys that are winners. Not 2nd or 3rd choice guys like before. These kids are state title winners. Everyone in the 2023 class except Ty and we see his abilities. This staff is doing great things.

In fairness to Mac Irvin Fire, I'm pretty sure that Ayo and Adam Miller were connected with them. It would be nice for all to get along
Well that clearly doesn’t matter to them with the reports that they are trying to keep TSJ away from Illinois because of Tim Anderson. If they are going to be that petty, time to move on. They can explain to their players why they can’t go to Illinois…