Curbelo, Sky and Shannon Update

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Many may be worried about Clark taking in-home visits with other schools. I was told weeks ago he would allow other schools in to not make it look so obvious he’s coming to Illinois. Tim Anderson doesn’t want or need that attention. Like he swayed the kid to leave UK and just commit to Illinois. I am fully confident in the next 7-14 days Clark will be committed to Illinois. Just be Patient

Skyy was never going to commit before Curbelo left. Curbelo leaving became more and more apparent as season was nearing an end. He’s homesick and missing his mentors and close friends. I genuinely expect him to play for St.Johns or seton hall. An east coast NY/NJ situation. Miami could be darkhorse. They did recruit him and want him badly before. He needed a change of scenery badly and it was best for both parties. He contributed to both big ten titles and should be held in high regard.

With Terrence Shannon Jr. I have been told two different timelines on when he will commit. I have a trusted source who is on the money often and he told me Shannon could commit this week. Illinois players have been recruiting him…including Kofi. Illinois is the place he wants to be if he can get the waiver. Family wants him close by as well and Illinois is heavy favorite. Was also told by another source his family thinks Shannon might wait a little while. But family say plenty of things to put you off the right track. Nothing I have been told says “TSJ” won’t be an illini. It’s a matter of “When” not “IF”.

I think Clark announces first then Shannon. Also more transfers will be announcing this week. Busy but exciting time

Last edited:

Luketaylor72

Ryan, with the 3 freshmen and DD already on board for next year, how many scholarships are available?
I know Trent and Monte were not taking scholarships. 2 come from Grandy and Plummer graduating. Another would be with Belo leaving.