Big week ahead for Shannon, Kofi and more

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Illinois still leading for Shannon IMO. I talk to many people in the know. And everyone of them has at least heard good vibes for Illinois. Michigan source has heard UK, ILL and Michigan. Was also told Chin Coleman has been stirring shit and trying to negative recruit Illinois. The Irvin’s don’t want their former Mac Irvin product at Illinois because Tim Anderson is at Illinois.

Have been told by couple sources Terrence Shannon has been training at Anderson former home “Ground zero” training facility. One even told me he had illinois shorts during a workout recently. Was also told anywhere from later today to Friday evening for Shannon is likely for his announcement. It is sad that so many forces in Chicago are wanting Shannon at UK but I don’t think that’s going to sway him. My pick is Shannon commits to Illinois in the next 7 days. Likely sooner.

Illinois. UK. Michigan in that order.

8/10 confidence

Kofi should be returning from Jamaica this week and making his announcement that he is returning. 1.3-1.5 million NIL $$ to be made for Kofi this year and getting a degree. Can you have a bigger and better senior season? Too many positives to come back. He’s a smart kid.

9/10 confidence Kofi returns

Brandon Murray came and visited last night and will be leaving this afternoon. I think it was a little more than a courtesy visit but he looked good wearing that Fighting Illini jersey. Chester Frazier has a great relationship with him and Illinois has plenty to offer. End of the day I believe he chooses Tennessee or Georgetown. Winning will factor into this decision and while it seems like Georgetown is clear favorite because of his assistant coach from LSU joining Georgetown staff…late last night I was told don’t be shocked if he picks Tennessee.

confidence 4/10 Murray picks illinois

Illinois has stayed in contact with Bryce Hopkins and just yesterday I was told Hopkins dad called Brad. From speaking to those I trust…illinois won’t be taking both Shannon and Hopkins. Understandably Bryce wants to be a focal point and not just be a limited role player. If Shannon happens to pick UK. Illinois will go all in on Hopkins. Which is an awesome consolation prize because providence wanted and still does want Bryce badly. I know Louisville will push for him as well but Hopkins and family want him closer to home. He depends on what Shannon does

Illinois do have heavy interest in Courtney Ramey and being closer to home for a final season looks appetizing. Having a veteran PG with savvy and really good defense would be huge to have help mentor and lead the offense. I think illinois gets it done

7/10 confidence Illinois lands Ramey

one final name to keep an eye on as of this Sunday morning is 5-star Brandon Huntley-Hatfield. Entered the transfer portal this morning and Illinois will show major interest like many others. I think one week fro lm today illinois is sitting mighty pretty.