(Bradley/Loyola)
4⭐️W 6’6” Jalen Hooks UV2X✅
5⭐️F 6’8” JJ Taylor UV2X✅
(Top10 in the class)
🔮4⭐️F 6’7” Davius Loury UV✅
4⭐️C 6’11” 215 Xavier Booker UV✅
(Purdue

Watch list:
G/W 6’5” Richard Barron (St. Ignatius/Meanstreets) UV✅ (NOY)
G/W 6’6” Nazar Mahmoud (NOY)

rforan23

Staff member
My insider on the Boswell recruitment says it’s AZ or IL. Apparently AZ Compass has a former coach at Texas Tech and he’s pushing hard but Kylan is just paying lip service there. AZ is real. He’s also hoping he gets some blue blood interest but it isn’t coming. Fingers crossed. Watching him on ESPN2 against La Lumiere (Fears) now. Also REALLY want uncommitted AZ Compass Center Adrame Diongue who holds an offer in the 22 class but maybe Dainja killed that one? TBD

Look for Nojus to make a commitment soon. I know this is 2023 thread but i didn’t see a 2024 recruiting thread. I’m also hearing Boswell is staying in the west coast and it’s not a Illinois/Arizona battle more like a Arizona/USC maybe Oregon battle.

rforan23

Staff member
Look for Nojus to make a commitment soon. I know this is 2023 thread but i didn’t see a 2024 recruiting thread. I’m also hearing Boswell is staying in the west coast and it’s not a Illinois/Arizona battle more like a Arizona/USC maybe Oregon battle.
There is a 2024 thread if you keep digging but interesting. Not shocked about Nojus...I know he's been an IL lean for a while and wants to grab that spot. But Boz...I'm hearing very differently. My guy who's close to some folks in his circle says its AZ or IL unless the UK offer comes, which it doesn't appear to be. Don't reveal your source, but what's the connection?

rforan23

Staff member
Latest 2023 BIG BOARD:

Guards: 5* 6'2" Kylan Boswell (Scheduling Official)
4* 6'3" Dai Dai Ames (Scheduling Official)

Wings: 4* 6'7" Davius Loury (Unofficial Visit, Scheduling Official)
4* 6'6" Kris Parker (VISIT?)
3* 6'6" Devin Royal (VISIT?)

Forwards: 4* 6'7" (and growing!!) Asa Thomas (Scheduling Official)
4* 6'9" Akil Watson (Officially Visited)
3* 6'9" Kendrick DeLuna (VISIT?)
UR 6'9" Kachi Nzeh (Scheduling Official)

Watch List: UR G 6'5" Richard Barron (Unofficially Visited 2X)

Interesting tidbits here are that the staff considers Asa Thomas to be more of a 4 which would allow them to still take an athletic wing at the 3 like Loury. Also, we have zero traction with any bigs in this class. We've offered but zero buzz. Makes me think that Dainja is "the man" for a few years and that Underwood won't recruit true centers anymore. He wants us to look like Baylor, which is exactly where he grabbed Dainja from.

rforan23

Staff member
My source is connected to TA. He also knows a trainer that has Boswell in for sessions out in Arizona. He said illinois should go all in on Dai Dai they have no shot with Kylan
Well we're already all in on Dai Dai. He's a combo not a true PG so they're hoping to take both. As of last week, the staff is VERY confident that he'll come for an official at a minimum. He has A LOT of family in the Champaign area and his parents have a lot of friends in the area, so I'd expect him to do that even if it's just for show. His dad's best friend is a former Illini hoops player and also super close with Whitman (Brett Melton). Brett was just at UI a few weeks back for the reunion and talked to my source confidently about landing him. FWIW

rforan23

Staff member
My source is connected to TA. He also knows a trainer that has Boswell in for sessions out in Arizona. He said illinois should go all in on Dai Dai they have no shot with Kylan
The other thing that makes me question this is if true then why aren't we pressing harder on another PG target? We've offered guys but haven't pursued any for visits, etc. Of course it's always possible that BU has bigger plans, maybe it's Boz or bust in that class for him, or maybe it's the portal, but I'd think if TA knew we had "no shot" then we'd be moving on from him and pushing harder elsewhere. Just some "reading between the lines" insight. Bottom line is that we can probably all agree that AZ is the "sexier" program at the moment. They're doing well and have a new coach who came from Gonzaga with lots of International connections. None of that can be bad for Kylan's exposure at the next level, and they're gonna be tough to beat in this recruitment. That said, are we dead in the water? I don't think so

Hearing UNLV is a true dark horse to land him. Also USC/Arizona are the teams to beat for his services. And illinois has improve their position in potentially landing him. He loves how the offense is catered to the guards! These 4 teams will be in it till the very end. I hope we go all in on dai dai.

Hearing UNLV is a true dark horse to land him. And USC/ Arizona are the teams to beat for his services. And illinois has improve their position in landing him. He loves how the offense is catered to guards!