Last waiting week….

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
With June 1 approaching, it’s safe to say the Nance and Mayer saga will soon be ending. Many factors have come into play and if a guy like Pete Nance wants to bet on himself and stay in the second round, he can. As of today, Nance is still weighing His options And nothing has changed about illinois leading for his services if he returns. 50/50 of him staying in the draft. Not tons has happened over the last week with him but things with Matthew Mayer have become more clear.

Matthew Mayer is coming back to college and sounds like illinois actually passed on continuing to court him. it wasn’t just about the amount of NIL$. the staff has certain criteria with kids and if they don’t feel it or like what they hear or see from someone or their team they won’t continue it. Dont plan on Mayer to join illinois and UNC is a heavy favorite but other can emerge.

If Pete Nance chooses to stay in the draft I think it’s a realistic possibility Jacob Grandison chooses to return. I think this was always part of it. he can make some nice NIL$ Or go play professionally in Europe and make around the same amount. it’s a win/win for a man who has already graduated. look for this to play out over the next 6 days as well. Austin Hutcherson is staying In the draft and moving on with his life and career.

Illinois May have one suprise up their sleeve for a big or a guy like Courtney Ramey as well. Tons left to play out over next week and they aren’t done for class of 2022 either which is amazing. a reclassification for Team Melo AAU Tafara Gapare. 6’10 with length and explosiveness. look for that before August. so he can enroll by mid august.

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Nance to UNC is very probable. small glimmer of hope he comes to illinois. would love to see him compete with Dainja and take that starting 5 spot. you would think a guy whose started for many years in BIG wouldn’t worry about a guy who has played..4 games? Dainja is a beast but still. players don’t want to compete anymore

What are our chances of landing Jazz Gardner from the class of 2023? He looks like a big man we are gonna need in the near future.
I don’t think this staff are huge fans of the 2023 class. I can see them only taking one 2023 kid and using the portal for the rest of their open spots. As of now there are only 3-4 2023 kids I think they would take if they wanted to commit. Xavier Booker, Jazz Garder, and Amani Hansberry.

ryaneggenberger

I don’t think this staff are huge fans of the 2023 class. I can see them only taking one 2023 kid and using the portal for the rest of their open spots. As of now there are only 3-4 2023 kids I think they would take if they wanted to commit. Xavier Booker, Jazz Garder, and Amani Hansberry.
Thanks! I’m sure someone from this upcoming team will transfer in the off-season in 2023, so I kinda hope we get a least a few guys per class. As they always say “Recruiting never stops!”