KOFI NIL….

Ryan_Evan

Administrator
Staff member
Was told by a source tonight Kofi turned down a huge NIL deal from Illinois booster. Then asked a second source to confirm and he confirmed it. Not sure what it means…but I know staff isn’t sure what he’s doing. But when you don’t work out and just play games and relax for a month. Does that sound like someone preparing for a pro career? Just keeping y’all in the know

ts88498

Was told by a source tonight Kofi turned down a huge NIL deal from Illinois booster. Then asked a second source to confirm and he confirmed it. Not sure what it means…but I know staff isn’t sure what he’s doing. But when you don’t work out and just play games and relax for a month. Does that sound like someone preparing for a pro career? Just keeping y’all in the know
This makes me sick to my stomach forces me to think the worst

Dairyguy1992

These 18-22 kids truly don't know what they are doing and now are trying to make million $ deals. I realize the UofI has a plan in place for NIL deals but still at the end of the day they are just kids.

Duce20

It’s a power play by Kofi. He hasn’t put the work in for the draft but wants more $. He doesn’t have the leverage he thinks as BU has already said he wants to play faster. We will be really good with or without Kofi next year.

ts88498

I hope you are right with it being a power play. As it stands, I think we are a top 5 team with Kofi. Without Kofi, around 25.

Sure sounds like a power play but other than going to the league what is Kofi’s leverage? Won’t he have to sit if he transfers? He could get a waiver I guess but what would his reasoning be? They didn’t pay me enough

Sure sounds like a power play but other than going to the league what is Kofi’s leverage? Won’t he have to sit if he transfers? He could get a waiver I guess but what would his reasoning be? They didn’t pay me enough
Doesn't he get a 1 time transfer without sitting?

Either way, I think the last thing on his mind is transferring. Legit where could he do better than illinois, where everyone already loves and supports him? He's talked about his legacy, and I don't think champaign would be too kind if he left for his senior year.

It's pro or illinois for him right now, and pro almost definitely does not mean nba.