2022/2023 Basketball Roster

Luketaylor72

Not wanting this season to end anytime soon and excited about the team/chances. However, I am interested in knowing potential roster and open spots for next year. Know Trent, Monte, Plummer, and likely Kofi (although, think he could benefit from another year) are gone next year. Who else will be or could be gone? With the 3 freshman recruits and DD, are there any open scholarships for next year?

My guess is we have 2 players leave to the transfer portal and we add 2 players from the transfer portal. Kofi’s status will all depend on NIL $. If he can make “a lot” I think he will stay. If not I think he’s gone. Not sure what Grandison will do. He has the option to stay another year (5th year), but he would count towards scholarship unlike Trent and Damonte this year so Jake and underwood will be having multiple conversations about that once the season is done. I do think next year has the potential to be a newer team but still a good one.

rforan23

Staff member
There will be so many moving parts next year. I'm guessing 1-2 leave and 2 come on board. And I think Swami has already called one of em in another thread on this board. Belo could easily go to UK, so could Kofi. Bosmans-Verdonk has finally seen the floor and could get offers. Hawkins doesn't seem too happy right now. When you really think about it, who do you feel GREAT about coming back? Goode & Dainja I guess. Podz and RJ hopefully. Belo and Kofi hopefully. Trent/Monte & Plummer definitely gone. Grandison a maybe. Payne? IDK. Bosmans-Verdonk? Crapshoot. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure.